Ten Interesting Trivial Fishy Facts
- A biologist who studies fish is called an ichthyologist.
- The most poisonous fish in the world is the Stone fish.
- The more sardines that are placed in a can, the greater the profit as sardine oil costs more than the sardines.
- Minnows have teeth in their stomach; the better to digest their food.
- The sturgeon is considered the largest of all freshwater fish and have weighed in at 2,250 pounds.
- All the sturgeon [the fish from which we get caviar] caught in British waters are property of Elizabeth II, Queen of England.
- Atlantic salmon are able to leap as high as 15 feet.
- The largest known fish in the sea is the whale shark. It weighs up to 20 tons and can grow to a length of 40 feet.
- Fish can get seasick when kept aboard a rolling ship just as much as people.
- The red fire-fish can fly and emits sounds like a crow.
BUY YOUR RODFATHER “T” TODAY!
(Just Click The Link)
A few Jokes
Man: Is this river any good for fish?
Fisherman: It must be. I can’t get any of them to leave it
What did the fish say when it swam into the wall?
What TV game show do fish like best?
Name that tuna
What’s the difference between a catfish and a lawyer?
One is a bottom-dwelling, scum-sucking scavenger and the other is a fish!
Why didn’t the prawn share his toys?
He was a little shellfish
Funny True Fishy Story
Tish, the world’s oldest known goldfish, was 43. In later life, Tish faded from his natural bright orange to a more distinguished silver. His owner said the secret of Tish’s long life was not being overfed and being placed in the sun occasionally.
He was won at a funfair in Doncaster in 1956 and buried in a yoghurt pot in the garden of his owner’s garden in Thirsk, Yorkshire, England in 1999.
Fantastic Fishy Sayings
- A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work. – Author Unknown.
- An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on the muddy banks of rivers doing nothing because his wife won’t let him do it at home. – Author Unknown
- The gods do not deduct from man’s allotted span the hours spent in fishing. – Babylonian Proverb
- The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad. – A.K. Best
- All fishermen are liars; it’s an occupational disease with them like housemaid’s knee or editor’s ulcers. – Beatrice Cook
- There’s a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. – Steven Wright
- Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job. – Paul Schullery
- The only reason I ever played golf in the first place was so that I could afford to hunt and fish. – Sam Snead
- Smoked carp tastes just as good as smoked salmon when you ain’t got no smoked salmon. – Patrick F. McManus
- If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago. – Zane Grey
BUY YOUR “MILF” T HERE TODAY
(Just Click the link)
Thats All Folks
Comment below if you would like more images and videos added to this post!!